Monday 5 January 2015

Tawnys hooted in the mist

Last night my sister, brother in law and friend looked for Tawnys in Sydenham hill wood, but a thick mist suddenly engulfed the glade, but we did hear them, and also the shriek that might indicate their territorial power struggles.  I guess they were flying along the edge of the golf course, the acoustics in the wood are very effective, especially by the tunnel. Earlier I spotted the peacock that is often heard from within the woods, he must live in the grounds of Beltwood house, but was yesterday standing like a cat in the cold waiting to be let into a house in Crescent Wood Road. Peacocks have lived there since I was a child and probably before, when the Beatles reputedly owned Beltwood. The woods are very muddy at the moment as you can see from my boots!
We also heard a Green Woodpecker and Goldcrests.



 Below, looking towards the misty woods from Norwood Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment