Wednesday 28 January 2015

Frost on Peckham Rye, tree walk


This week has been a bit busy, what with preparing for a new term as an associate lecturer at the OU, but here are some images from the last week, including a frost on Peckham Rye last Tuesday and the tree walk in Sydenham  Hill Woods on Sunday. I also took part in the RSPB bird count, but did it on Streatham common, as you are allowed to use a green space, I at least saw a Goldcrest, and lots of Robins, blackbirds and song thrushes, I was a bit too late for the little owl.



The image below is from Horniman Gardens, I went to see Kurt Jacksons River exhibition in the museum, I loved many of his Avon and Thames paintings, as I know stretches of both those rivers very well, the Avon ones reminded me a lot of how it was to explore the river as a child in the long holidays at Bradford Upon Avon where my paternal grandparents lived.


No comments:

Post a Comment