Wednesday 14 January 2015

Nuthatch and great spotted wood pecker

A beautiful blue sky today in contrast to yesterday, it was meant to snow lightly in Streatham last night but there was no sign of snow at all, it was pretty cold. I had a good walk through Belair, Dulwich Park and the woods, back through the top part of Crystal Palace park. Through binoculars I could clearly see lorries going over the Queen Elizabeth bridge , miles away near Rainham Marshes, it was a very clear day indeed, to the west I could see open fields and the high ridges of the North Downs. I find the view oddly saddening. Too much potential unfulfilled in one visible arc, all the places I never went to and things I didn't do, hundreds of square miles of deficit...
I had good views in Sydenham Hill woods of a nuthatch and great spotted woodpecker, two favourites. I saw a beautiful shelter and was tempted to move in.




Page 20 below:

No comments:

Post a Comment