Sunday 1 March 2015

Saint David's day: dydd Gwyl Dewi, Egyptian Geese chicks, 39

A beautiful spring St David's day today, my middle sister and I started  the day with a lovely swim in the new West Norwood Pool, the lockers alone are a fine sight!

I'm sure I'm not imagining the memory of My grandfather wearing a daffodil or a leek on St David's day, he was a proud Welshman, without being an arsehole about it, there was no sense of racial or national supremacy in his pride. I like the idea of  my partial Welshness, even if it is just an idea, the Druidic oak knowing ancestral identity has a certain resonance.


Four feathered grey limes 
Drinking puddle water here.
Sacred Nile goslings



below, the four identical quadruplet Egyptian Geese chicks on Tooting Common seem to be doing very well, hanging out here, near the bins, hoping to get fed, which they were by old ladies. I'm not sure if Warburton's processed White bread is the ideal diet....




Page 39:





No comments:

Post a Comment