Thursday 25 December 2014

Christmas Day 2014: Little Owl part 3

Thank you to Lesley for the beautiful fungi scarf!

A beautiful day on the common today, with time for both a walk and a run in the sun, lots of Bluetits, Coal tits and other usual suspects visible (and audible) today, including a flock of pigeons mobbing, or at least chasing, a crow and a sea gull it seemed, I can't remember seeing that before. My friend John told me he's heard owls in Biggin Woods, which would suggest a Tawny owl? I'm planning to check that out soon.

My sister gave me a beautiful Paper53 drawing stylus for Christmas, it's highly sensitive to pressure so you can do very fine or very thick lines more easily, it's beautiful! Thank you Esther! I will post drawings ASAP...



What a great way to end Christmas Day, I just saw the Little Owl on Streatham Common, he stayed still and in clear view for about 5 minutes, from16:15 onwards, the picture below is very grainy, but that is him on the branch.




No comments:

Post a Comment