Friday 17 July 2015

Sparrowhawk update

Shortly before I went camping it was great to see a tree full of young Sparrowhawks , the two biggest perched next to each other looking out over the wood while the fluffier younger sibling still sat on the nest, since then I haven't seen them and conclude they've all gone away, which is sad but how it should be. I did see a Sparrowhawk over Streatham last week so wonder if that was one of the young ones looking for a new home . It was a wonderful experience to watch this Sparrowhawk story from the couple first meeting and mating to incubating the eggs and watching the young grow up into handsome  young Hawks, I miss them a lot a still look up into the nest in case one has decided to stay - someone told me the father hawk does stay, while the others all go off into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment